Friday 22 March 2013

Domain Driven Design in a mindmap


I have to admit, when I first heard about DDD, I thought it was a simple buzz-word for guys that have read Fowler too much, and that try to sell lots of consultancy around a trendy concept. A kind of consultancy vaporware.

I was wrong. 

And I should have read Eric Evans' amazing blue book instead of reading lame web articles and posts on that topic, that led me to think that DDD was bullshit, another trendy acronym.

Following advices from my mates Cyrille and Alex, I've read the blue book several months from now. And I have to admit, this was a mindset revolution for me (same strength as when I discovered eXtreme Programming and agility).

DDD has dramatically changed the way I work 

(and the way my close mates work too). From now, I even turn myself into a DDD enthousiast, trying to promote the approach to whoever need to build use case driven softwares.

This is why I recently produced this mindmap, which help me to present the DDD approach to every team newcomer, in about an hour or two.



Hope this help.


No comments:

Post a Comment